November 13, 2015

The Silver Lady

 
In remembrance of the life and work of Olivia Robertson (see the above post), we share this drawing and audio file where she describes her experiences with the Silver Lady:
 
(mp3 file, 1.85mb, 4:02 mins)
 
Audio transcript:
 
"She who inspired me to do all my work, came to me, at night in 1946 at Imbolc; about Feb. the 1st, I saw her. I associated her with snow, because she came at midnight in the snow with the aura of stars and moon. It was at the time of Capricorn still, getting on to Aquarius - that queer, cold, magical time of midwinter, moving to spring. She told me to get out of bed, which I did reluctantly because of the bitter cold, and put on my red cardigan. Now I guess she wished me to know that she WAS REAL. But she was made of different substance, of crystallized white light, her hair raven black, her dress was cut in v-shapes of different cloths - violet and blue-green. I knew that they were blended together, the material, in some way - not sown. She unwound a white scarf. Her face had delicate features. To me she was absolutely real, as physical reality to be absolutely real, but obviously in different dimensions. She told me to sit, and she sat facing me.
 
"The extraordinary thing is, that I could not remember one word of our half hour's conversation. Now I believe I was not meant to remember in the surface of my mind, that I had to have free will to work out what I wanted to do as well. This has influenced me all my life - whatever our conversation was - from the depths, like the depths of the ocean. My own feeble telepathic abilities were as nothing in comparison with the clarity and power of her thought-stream. This was the first Goddess who had come to me. By Goddess, I mean an advanced feminine Being. The visits were a very rare occurrence, with years inbetween. I knew she belonged to a more spiritual and wise race of being. At the close of our communion - it was communion - she rose and I thought: 'she has a dignity of a queen, the grace of a ballet dancer and the power of a gymnast!'
 
"At that date I had not heard of UFO's, so could not make out at all what was this small plane which she had to wait for? Goddess or no Goddess, she had to wait for some, what I thought, was like a little Aer Lingus plane. And above all, what was the giant ship in the sky that the plane would take her to? I gathered it was as big or bigger than the Queen Mary liner, and that to me was immense. I think that size in the sky made of some wonderful substance like this Lady - well, I couldn't understand it at all - I was overcome.
 
"A year or so later, I had a vision of the Silver Lady, as I called her, appearing in a wretched slum dwelling with an African family of some immigrants, in utter poverty, which then existed in the Dublin slums, which I'd worked in for four years. I looked after children in the most terrible conditions. What struck me was her power. She stood, straight and slim, and raised her right arm in command. Her left arm she gestured downwards in utter dismissal of such conditions. It reminded me of the figure of Christ, in Michelangelo's Last Judgment: one arm up, the other down. It's as if you call down the powers of heaven with your left hand and execute them with your right. It was a call to action."

 
Archival Link: FOI Audio Gallery
 

(Drawing of the Silver Lady by Olivia Robertson, personal collection, copyright reserved.)